Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Sean

Hello friends. Rolling into my 4th year of producing this blog, I can say that time has really allowed me to find my voice and to discover what it is, exactly, that I'm trying to communicate with all of you. When I first started seanyashar.com in 2007, I didn't know that I was going to be considered a "design blog." In the beginning, I just wanted to share my interests, and only over time was it that I discovered all my content had a theme weaving through every post...Stylish Living. In 2010, I hope to offer an even more intimate snapshot into all the stylish people, places and things that enhance my experiences. There are plenty of nuances in my life that I haven't shared in fear that the blog would become a gratuitous diary. Hopefully this year, I'll figure out the right balance of observations, reviews and narratives, so that everyone's thoroughly entertained. That said, I just want to thank those of you who have supported me, and those who have contributed your ideas with me as well. As cliche as this sounds, I couldn't keep this blog going without your engaged support. It's like that old philosophical riddle: "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" I'm trying not to get too existential here, but basically this blog only exists because you are using it and giving it value. I truly feel privileged to have you here.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment