Sunday, December 6, 2009

Top Trends in Home Decor for 2010


Oh lord, things have been really busy in SEANLAND in the past few weeks... Got sick, extra hectic in the office, holiday parties, and Thanksgiving somewhere in between. My apologies for the hiatus in posting.

Last week, I co-produced a special segment with Associated Press (AP) worldwide. The segment covers the "Top 5 Trends in Home Decor for 2010," and as you can imagine the R&D for this was really fun to do. We filmed most of the shoot at Lee Stanton Antiques on La Cienega, because so much of what's relevant right now is happening there. I won't give it all away, but if I had to say, the standout for 2010 decor is projected to be a dark, moody, almost severe aesthetic... some are calling this style "New Victorian" or "The Moody Hipster," but I like to think of it as Gotham city meets haute couture.

I'm all about Lee's style and color palette of greys, blacks, and dirty whites... take a look at his showroom to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment