Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Umami: Burgs & Such



Natalie, my new found FF- foodie fiend, and I did lunch at Umami Burger a few days ago. You know, I'm not in the business of featuring eateries on my blog, but this burger was too tasty not to editorialize. The ambiance is satisfactory, the service is questionable, but the burger is the juiciest, tastiest concoction I have sinked my teeth into in awhile. I love a yummy burg, and so I'm paying it forward to you.

What's your favorite burger in LA? Do tell.

By the way, Natalie's food blog, Femme On Feast, features profiles on powerful females in the culinary world.

-S


By the way, What exactly is Umami?

Taking its name from Japanese, umami is a pleasant savoury taste imparted by glutamate, a type of amino acid, and ribonucleotides, including inosinate and guanylate, which occur naturally in many foods including meat, fish, vegetables and dairy products. As the taste of umami itself is subtle and blends well with other tastes to expand and round out flavours, most people don’t recognise umami when they encounter it, but it plays an important role making food taste delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment