Sunday, November 2, 2008

INFLUENCE. Mary-Kate & Ashley


Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen just released a book called INFLUENCE. In the book, they speak of the people and things which have served to inspire them, and they've even interviewed 22 influential artists including Bob Colacello, Christian Louboutin, Diane von Furstenberg, Jack Pierson, Karl Lagerfeld, Lauren Hutton, Margherita Missoni, Robert Lee Morris, and Terry Richardson. The content of the book is divided into four sections: Fashion, Environment, Art and Giving Back.

I have yet to see the book, but I will tell you that these girls have pretty good taste. From what I hear, they've used the best of the best to make the book... i.e. - photographed by Rankin, designed by Rodrigo Corral, and edited by art and fashion writer Derek Blasberg.

What really compelled me to blog about INFLUENCE is that I find the concept to be a nifty idea... so nifty that I'm adding a new item on seanyashar.com called INFLUENCE. Look out for it.

And yes, I'm a big fan of the Olsen girls. I'm a fan of any young, successful, business-minded, L.A. raised individuals with creative vision.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment