Friday, June 20, 2008

Holy Ghost!


FRIDAYS=MUSIC

On fridays, I like to share a selection from my personal collection.

Here's how the story goes:
About a month ago, my friend Bil (w/ one l) gave me the sickest DJ mix ever. I instantly fell in love with it, and with one song specifically. It's Called 'Hold On' by Holy Ghost!

Holy Ghost is Nicholas Millhiser and Alexander Frankel, and it was produced by DFA records... who, by the way, is single handedly producing everything good right now (Hercules & Love Affair, Hot Chip, Still Going, The Rapture, LCD Soundsystem).

'Hold On' just has this sexy ease to it...the synths are simple yet sophisticated (which is not as easy as it sounds)...and it's pretty lyrically driven too ("Why do the good things happen in the past / Streamline the news and trim the fat / I love the city but I hate my job / And this old city loves me back".)

I love,

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment